COALNG seeks to publish Africa-engaging literature in the genres of poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction and non-fiction of exceptional literary worth. We would love to share your writings to a wide online literary community of readers and writers. COALNG is broad and inclusive in perspective spanning the spectrum of various thoughts as it relates to Africans and the African consciousness. We will be happy to read you today.
Notes to keep in mind:
- Send submissions attached to the body of the mail (not as an attached document) to email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions are open till 31st of August 2017 in the following categories:
- Short story
- Spoken word videos and audios
- Literary commentaries
- We accept simultaneous submissions and works that have been published elsewhere.
- Since you are writing for an online audience, please keep things short, sharp, and fun. Suggested word count:
- Fiction: not more than 2000 words
- Book review: 300-600 words
- Literary commentary: not more than 400 words.
- Include a short bio and photograph of yourself.
- The copyright of your work is credited to you. However, we do employ that you credit COALNG as the publisher of the work.
- Note that our editors will read and edit your work which will be sent back for your approval or decline for publication.
- Please note that we will not publish any work with vulgar content, poor sentence structure, poor language structure or with distorted ideas.
- Please visit http://www.coalng.com/about-us/ for clarity on our philosophy as an organization.
We hope to hear from you, thanks.