Jos poetryslam is a bimonthly slam competition held in Jos Plateau state. It is a not for profit initiative and all funds generated are used to support other creative projects and initiatives within the state.
Our vision is to create a sustainable platform for poetic expression, talent development and marketing of poets.
Our mission is to use all tools available at our disposal (e.g social media) and partnerships with other organizations to propel social change through poetry.
The first slam competition is slated for
Date: 13th May 2017
Venue: K Lounge Maiadiko Rayfield, Jos
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Apply by sending a mail indicating your interest to compete. Mail should contain your name, stage name and phone number.
- Mails should be sent to email@example.com
- All contestants will pay a registration fee of 1000 naira at the venue of the slam
RULES FOR CONTESTING POETS
1. Poems can be on any subject and in any style.
2. Each poem must be an original piece written and performed by the POET/ARTIST.
3. No props.
4. No costumes.
5. Performances are timed and should not exceed 3 minutes; the last round may be 2 minutes.
6. No musical instruments or pre-recorded music.
7. Each poem will only be used once during the competition.
8. Poets should come prepared with three poems in case they move to the second and final rounds.
- The winner gets 20,000 naira cash prize.
- A single recording of one of his or her preferred poems.
- The first runner up gets 10, 000 naira cash prize.
COME HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL CONTESTING POETS!
For more, visit our facebook page @https://web.facebook.com/jospoetryslam/