COALNG seeks to publish Africa-engaging literature in the genres of poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction and non-fiction of exceptional literary worth. We would love to share your writings to a wide online literary community of readers and writers. COALNG is broad and inclusive in perspectives spanning the spectrum of various thoughts as it relates to Africans and the African consciousness. We will be happy to read you today.
Notes to keep in mind:
- Send submissions attached to the body of the mail (not as an attached document) to email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions are open year-round in the following categories:
- Short story
- Spoken word videos and audios
- Literary commentaries
- We accept simultaneous submissions and works that have been published elsewhere.
- Since you are writing for an online audience, please keep things short, sharp, and fun. Suggested word count:
- Fiction: no more than 2000 words
- Book review: 300-600 words
- Literary commentary: no more than 400 words.
- Include a short bio and photograph of yourself.
- The copyright of your work is credited to you. However, we do employ that you credit COALNG as the original publisher of the work.
- Note that our editors will read and edit your works and sometimes change the title, but will send an edited copy of your work to you before publication.
- Please note that we will not publish any work with vulgar content, poor sentence structure, poor language structure or with distorted ideas.
- Please visit http://www.coalng.com/about-us/ for clarity on our philosophy as an organization.
We hope to hear from you, thanks.